Thursday, February 02, 2006

Nantasket Basket...

I had told myself that I was going to finish some old projects and not start any new projects. I was wrong. I was home alone Saturday and had every intention of working on some of those projects that have been sitting half done. I was really planning on figuring out a particular hard band on Heirloom Christmas. It's that band where I cut the fabric before I stitch it. It's kind of scary to me and that project has been sitting for over a year! But, I couldn't bring myself to do it...

Instead... I started my Nantasket Basket. I used the Winter Night and Mulled Wine. It turned out really pretty. I haven't felted it yet because I don't have a zippered pillowcase. I heard that someone messed up their entire plumbing system from felting stuff at home. I don't have the money to replace my plumbing system, so I will wait to felt it, but it turned out great. I think I want to make one for my mom and my brother's girlfriend. I think I may make one for my son's teacher as well. I don't know her favorite colors, so Jesse is supposed to find out the colors we should use.

Jesse was in a school play last night. He played the horse's head for a Johnny Appleseed skit. It was really cute. Jesse did a good job. :)

As always, work has been crazy and this week is taking forever to be over!!!! I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday. Fred gets paid and I'm going to order the yarn for mom's and Jenny's basket. :)

I tried lace knitting on the Adamas Shawl from Knitpicks. But, I can't seem to get the hang of it. My YO's twist too much and I can't find my stitches. :( I think it may have something to do with the way I knit... I think Eva should tell me how she does it! :)

3 comments:

EvaLux said...

I'll show you if you knit me a basket hahahaha. Nah, just kidding.
I'll make pics of the way I do my yo's and then you can see it (I might even attempt making a movie hahahaha.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

You are so talented...
Aftering doing your job all week, I'm not sure I'd have the energy to anything...I guess it is probably therapeutic as a de-stresser though.

Anonymous Me said...

Very impressive! The basket would be wondeful for Jenny; I obviously don't know her, but I know of her penchant for baskets! :-) I should probably find a hobby that's healthier than baking...;-)